CES starts January 10 and will likely showcase tech products that may launch in 2012. Here’s my prediction of technological innovations and evolutions which will come to past in 2012:
- We’ll see Siri like voice recognition functionality included in nearly all electronics such as desktops, laptops, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- iPad 3 in April will not see a dramatic change in form factor but will sport a 4G LTE, quad core processor, more RAM, longer battery life and better front/rear cameras.
- Microsoft will launch Windows 8 convertible tablets and slates in late 2012.
- And in late 2012, Amazon will launch two new Kindle tablets: 1) improved 7 inch Kindle Fire touting a front-facing camera, and 1 GB of RAM and 2) 10 inch Kindle tablet with a front and rear facing camera.
- Versons of Xbox Kinect devices will become available for PCs as attachable units that will allow users to be the controller for their PCs vs. keyboard/mouse – Think Minority Report.
- iPhone 5 will sport a new sleek design, 4G LTE, improved Siri artificial intelligence, FaceTime over 3G, and enhanced, more robust Notification Center (widgets).
- Internet-connected/augmented reality eyewear will be available in 2012 with head up display (HUD) and Siri like voice recognition functionality.
- Self-driving cars in 2012 will come to fruition later this year.
- Google+ will gain momentum in 2012 in particular businesses, celebrities, & politicians will use Google+ more to connect with their audience using Google Pages/Hangouts.
- Robotics in the home will become a reality for some individuals in 2012 and go mainstream in 5 years.